Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ginny Pierce Walks and Rocks to the Music!!!



Wow, I never knew what I was missing until my husband bought me an IPod for my birthday the end of March. What a great walking companion! I love all kinds of music but can't sing a note (even though I must confess I am a shower and now a walking singer). My office is filled with CDs, boom box and I work best and fastest when I am rockin' out. So, it makes perfect sense for me to be walking around the neighborhood walking and singing and singing and walking. That 3 miles goes by so fast and it really gives me energy to get the day going. Of course my husband says I look like Eddie Murphy from the movie 48 Hours when he was plugged in and singing on a stakeout!! He pretends not to know me when he drives by me with my walking outfit, fanny pack, visor, sunglasses, wires hanging from my ears and I'm in my own world!!

Things are going great and I'm feeling wonderful and I'm proud to say that I walked 2-1/2 to 3 miles a day almost everyday in April and dropped 6 lbs. I have been watching, but just a little, what I eat and truly I think I sweated most of it off especially the past week or so. Remember to hydrate and keep on walkin' and runnin' for our kids, they are counting on us!

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment