Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back in Action! By Victoria DeWaters


Well, I have been Ms. Lazybones during the past couple of weeks...haven't been able to workout at all due to my radiation burns. FINALLY, I was able to get back into the swing of things this week.

On Monday, after 2 plus weeks off, I figured I would start in a bit easy on myself, so I did 2 miles on the bike and 1 mile on the elliptical. I also did some abdominal exercises and some legwork with weights. Okay, so that is really not 'taking it easy' on oneself, but it felt really really good!

Tonight I was so tired, but I headed up to the gym anyway...and this time, for the first time, I did not wear a beanie or a ballcap. Tee hee! I feel a bit goofy yet, but hey, it is much cooler without a hat!

I timed myself on the treadmill for a mile: 16 minutes and 30 seconds! WOW! I am impressed with this! And let me tell you, I was huffing and puffing! If that wasn't enough, I decided to do another 15 minutes on the elliptical...then some squats. Yeah, I was exhausted after this. I was also soaked with sweat...and I had no idea my head sweat so much!!!

I am so glad to be able to get back to the gym...I am determined to gain back my fitness level, surpass it, and kick some booty at the RAP River Run in June!

1 comment: