Monday, April 19, 2010

Ginny Pierce's Feeting Are Walking Again!


I'm back and the good news is no surgery needed! Just had to have the foot doc do some fix up and give me some tips to feel less pain and pressure on the bone when I'm walking. I've waked 1-1/2 miles three days in a row and I'm feeling great, ready to move up to 1-3/4 to 2 miles in the next couple weeks then the last few weeks before the race, including my Ohio vacation, hopefully 3 miles at least every other day. I know that's great aspirations but you gotta have a goal! That works for me.

I've had so many people tell me that they are excited about the Rap River Run for various reasons. They are all having a blast reading our blogs and keeping up with our problems. Some wonder why in the world would we want to put ourselves through this in the heat and humid Florida weather (like my Ohio family!). Some have never participated in any form of organized walking or running (can you even imagine that?) - blood sweat and tears just to say you participated in the Rap River Run! Some participate because this is a real achievement and accomplishment for them as it was for me last year. And my favorite is that many do it just because it's for a wonderful cause and we are touching many lives of the youth in our community and I believe that is probably the best reason of all!

Tune in next week to see how we all fared another week and get walking or running - we need you there!

Ginny Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment