Monday, April 5, 2010

Walking RRR Part One, Year Two by Ginny Pierce!




Hi to all walkers and runners,

This is Ginny Pierce. Hopefully many of you remember me from blogging last year. I'm 62 years old and last year RAP River Run was my first ever race. I was thrilled to finish it because the year before my health was so bad I couldn't even volunteer. In fact, I could barely stand. But I made it and was so proud. Follow me again this year as I go for two RRRs in a row!

I have slowly have gotten back into my walking routine to prepare for this year's 5K Walk after this cold, cold winter! I'm back to 1-1/2 miles every 2nd or 3rd day but plan to add more time so I'm doing 3 miles a day for the month previous to the race. I'm so excited and my goal is to improve my time of one hour and 48 seconds.

If you remember I have had two knee replacements in the past three years and back surgery with five metal rods implanted four years ago. My health this past year has been good other than a gall bladder bout and once they removed it I felt like new!!! I do the walk to support the RAP House and the great work they do with kids in our community. They have suffered tremendously and the small amount of effort and pain that I endure to train and do the race is nothing compared to what we can do for them by raising dollars. I will keep you posted weekly on how I'm progressing and I hope to see you all there with friends and family!

Walking for youth,
Ginny Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment